There was an explosion on Taksim Istiklal Street, one of the busiest streets in Istanbul. “From what we know so far, the explosion on Istiklal Street killed four people and hurt 38 others,” Governor Arijelikaya said.
At 4:13, there was an explosion. In Istanbul, on Istiklal Street in the Beyolu neighborhood. There were a lot of police and health teams sent to the area.
When explosions were heard in Besiktas and Sisley, people walking down the street could be seen running away.
Police blocked off Istiklal Street. People in the street when the bomb went off were moved out of the area.
Many shop windows on the street were broken. People who were scared by the explosion ran into nearby shops for safety.
Governor Arijelikaya of Istanbul said, “Based on what we know so far, the explosion on Istiklal Street killed four people and hurt 38 others.” Our hurt people are getting care. We pray that God will be kind to those who died. And wish the people who were hurt a quick recovery. The public will be told about these changes.”
Istanbul Mayor Ekrem Mamoru said, “Our health and safety team needs help to avoid postings that could cause fear and panic.” We will give health information to all teams in the area that need it,” he said.
The Istiklal Street Square bombing was looked into by the Istanbul Office of the Attorney General.
Five public agencies were asked to look into it. Also, the Istanbul Peace Criminal Court banned all news and social media sites about the bombing from being broadcast.
Taksim’de meydana gelen patlamada hayatını kaybedenlere, Allah’tan rahmet, yaralılara acil şifalar diliyorum!— TRADERRiCHi (@richiminnoo) November 13, 2022
KİMSENİN YANINA KALMAZ❗️😡#İstanbul #Taksim
İstanbul İstiklal caddesinde meydana gelen patlamada yaralanan halkımıza büyük geçmişler olsun #İstanbul pic.twitter.com/71BomABLML— Vedat Melik ŞEYHANLIOĞLU (@VSeyhanlioglu) November 13, 2022
The Supreme Radio and Television Council said, “The bombing in Istanbul cannot be shown on TV or radio.” All of our news agencies are paying attention to it,” he said.
After the bomb went off on Istiklal Street in the Beyoglu district, Interior Minister Suleiman Soylu and Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag went to Istanbul.
According to our information, ministers Soylu and Bozda stopped what they were doing and moved to Istanbul.